Douglas county, Minnesota
Leaf Valley Township is a township in Douglas County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 457 at the 2010 census. According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.2 mi²,33.4 mi² of it is land and 2.8 mi² of it is water. The total area is 92.27% land.
Leaf Valley Township was established and organized in 1867. The first meeting was held at the house of Willard B. Ellis on 14 December 1867. The name Leaf Valley refers to its location just south of the Leaf Hills, also called "Leaf Mountains", area just to the north of the township in Otter Tail County. The only town located in the township is Leaf Valley which formed at a cross road. The village boasted a town hall, post office, general store, feed mill, and a large co-op creamery along with a number of homes. No railroad came through the area in the vicinity of the town.
Leaf Valley Township